Community Art Auction Sharjah
Due to the passing of His Highness Shaikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, we will be announcing a new date for the Celebrity Art Auction in Sharjah shortly. All our condolences go out to the Royal family in their time of need and grieving, and we all hope they find the solace they seek. Sincerely Suhail Jashanmal and the Green Team.
In the Community Art Auction Sharjah, Green Abu Dhabi 2010 replicates it's efforts with Community Art Auction Abu Dhabi in Sharjah. Simply because, Sharjah has contributed to so much to support and fund our campaign and we felt it appropriate to give something back. But to make the event unique to Sharjah Green Abu Dhabi altered a few points. This time we hold a traditional auction by the Sharjah Humanitarian City in which 20 of their best artists have their work go on auction to raise money for the Charity Fund, in which now the WWF and Sharjah Humanitarian City split in a 30% to 70% ratio. We do this simply to make sure the Sharjah Humanitarian Cities contributing children receive a fair share for their efforts on the night in question. Of the 70% that goes to the Sharjah Humanitarian City, 30% of the proceeds will stay with the child themselves who created the artwork, and the remaining 70% will go to the Charity Fund.
Once again we have invited our VIP's, artists, and guests, to not only come and rally at the Auction and generate funds for the cause, but to actually produce work themselves and have them displayed at the event in a silent auction. The difference this time, is that the celebrity artists are from Sharjah and the Northern Emirates. So along with the children of the Sharjah Humanitarian City, whose works go on Auction, there will be displayed throughout the event location, 3 works from 15 selected VIP artists. The purpose here is to make sure all these works sell, and to ensure this, we pick our VIP's carefully and make sure they have strong support. Then we set our starting prices very low, at 300, 500, and 800 AED. By doing this, Green Abu Dhabi says, "don't worry, if you can't afford the main show, you can always take home some art and give to charity for a very easy price, that should at least help you remember your efforts".
With the Celebrity artists, 70% of the money raised in the silent auction will go to the Charity Fund, and 30% will go to the artist themselves. But here we ask our artists to be generous and see if they can donate their 30% too if they feel like it.
Either have fun by being an artist for a day, rally and raise money for charity, or go home with great art, either which way, if you engage you can't lose.