COMMUNITY ART AUCTION ABU DHABI
In the Community Art Auction Abu Dhabi, Green Abu Dhabi 2010 finds a unique way to hold an auction in which everyone can be involved. First we hold a traditional auction by the Future Center in which 20 of their best artists have their work go on auction to raise money for the Charity Fund, in which the WWF and Future Center share equally. 30% of the proceeds will stay with the child who created the artwork, and the remaining 70% will go to the Charity Fund. Now to make this more exciting than a typical fundraiser, we have invited our VIP's, artists, and guests, to not only come and rally at the Auction and generate funds for the cause, but to actually produce work themselves and have them displayed at the event in a silent auction. So along with the children of the Future Center, whose works go on auction, there will be displayed throughout the event location, 3 works from each of the15 selected celebrity artists. The purpose here is to make sure all these works sell, and to ensure this, we pick our celebrities carefully and make sure they have strong support. Then we set our starting prices very low, at 300, 500, and 800 AED. By doing this, Green Abu Dhabi says, "don't worry, if you can't afford the main show, you can always take home some art and give to charity for a very easy price, that should at least help you remember your efforts".
With the Celebrity artists, 70% of the money raised in the silent auction will go to the Charity Fund, and 30% will go to the artist themselves. But here we ask our artists to be generous and see if they can donate their 30% too if they feel like it.
Either have fun being an artist for a day, rally and raise money for charity, or go home with great art, either which way, if you engage you can't lose.
Opening will be at 7:30 on October 26th at the Tent in the Emirates Heritage Club.
Mohammed Kanoo, Salwa Zeidan, Vanita Jashanmal, Ziad Salloum, Neena Rai, Felicia Agmyren, and many many more.